Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Highway Robbery 101

Today I went to an Intellectual Property Seminar (blah-blah) at PWTC. The room was full of academic professors who loved the sound of their own voice and therefore exercised their right to share it with the whole room. I suppose there were some snippets of facts here and there but I lost interest in their questions after awhile. The speaker was great though. Very knowledgeable but she made a mistake when she opened the floor to questions...

Anyway, I took the LRT back and when I reached Kelana Jaya, the sky looked pretty intimidating. So I did what most desperate people would do; I took a cab. The old bugger charged me RM6 to get to my house! My house is like the distance from Limkokwing Cyberjaya to StreetMall! Or from 1 Utama to the Curve!

RM6 bucks!!

RM6 bucks!!

And the cab driver has the audacity to claim that the government was ripping all its honest working citizens by increasing petrol costs. He claimed that he; an honest to goodness, hardworking cab driver was being victimized. Dude... the crap you're smoking contains a wee too much marijuana. All that leeching, blood-sucking cabbie did all day is wait by the LRT station, smoking and talking general crap with fellow leeches. And when a fare came by, he would proceed to outright mark-up the price of the distance by several hundred percent.

Honest and hardworking indeed.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger Nicholas said...

Seriously, the cabbie does have a point. On Paper, what he makes by the meter is good, but then the problem is that on top of their daily feul, they also have to pay a 'tax' to their political masters.

This is because instead of issuing taxi licences directly to cabbies, they are given to politicians who then 'sub let' it out to the cabbys for 50+ bux a day.

So if you can imagine a full tank of feul is another rm 50 and they burn a tank once every 2-3 days, how many rm 6 trips do they have to make before they make a decent living?

Yes somebody deserves to burn in hell, but it's not the cabbys, it's their political masters.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Suicide teen zoloft Colored+haloween+contact+lenses Big stake blackjack directories Wholesale lcd computer screens Homeowner insurance georgia http://www.outdoor-bars-furniture.info roulette casino game

 

Post a Comment

<< Home