I Dream; Therefore I am.
During my senior years in highschool, I studied at Seapark Secondary School but stayed near Sri Aman Girls' School (that's a whole story by itself. It gave me an excuse to go jogging every evening..woo!). It might seem crazy now but I loved walking home everyday after school. In the blazing afternoon sun ( I was very dark back then)
Walking back gave me an opportunity to think and more often than not ... daydream. I used to daydream about epic battles, unrealistic scenarios, an occasional love interest and of course computer game scenarios. The thing about me is that I need to be walking for my mind to be the most active. It's like my legs are the piston driving my noggin' forward.
Nowadays I can't comprehend ever walking in the hot Malaysian sun although when I was studying in England, I started my daydreaming thing again. As an alternative, I have started my quiet reflection moments when I'm driving. Although the best time to do so is during bumper-to-bumper traffic and not whislt I'm cruising at 100+ kph. I can't daydream/think and concentrate on avoiding idiots at the same time.
My thoughts mostly focuses on three things these days:
- Total Club Manager 2004 - Thinking about which player to buy and what to do next. FYI: TCM04 is a football management game and in my opinion, one of the most addictive games ever!
- Class Lectures and Lessons - Believe it or not, I tend to plan the whole class structure for the week in my mind. Inclusive of what to say and what jokes to make. I kid you not!
- ActionScript - Yeah, birdman may laugh now that I'm a full flash convert. Anyway, I like to let my mind wander and think of coding concepts. 95% of which doesn't seem to work at all but the 5%... Woo! What a doozy! I just thought of a way of making an isometric, tile-based games using arrays and locations. It's nothing new of course, as Java is famed for the translation of arrays into graphical locations. It's just that ActionScripts work on a different level and unlike the Java codes, I don't have to worry about complex formulas. I'll let you all know how it turns out



11 Comments:
bwahahaha.
AS <-- i used to do that but not anymore. i can't really keep up with AS2 so i stopped thinking about best way to use arrays but i still think about an easier way to parse xml though.
planning lectures <-- hah. used to do that as well, especially for next sem's ED3 but not anymore.
TCM2004 <-- hmm. i haven't played in 2 years, hence my addiction level is at a minimal.
but most of all, i actually think about what i did the entire day, would i have changed anything at all if i could? then i end up swearing at the car in front of me, to move the F@3k faster!
:)
I'll stop once I can teach flash the way I can teach Lingo. At least with Director, I can just go into class full of confidence and not having to prepare.
Me mum used to teach at Seapark years ago. Any chance you learnt Economics?
Or maybe she taught Maths or English.. will have to ask.
My Director skills are a-going down the chute! I can only remember to make presentations with the action buttons!
Hmmm... never given this much thought but I usually do my thinking with a ciggie in hand away from the computer. Mostly on stuff like
1. How to make this pose stronger.
2. How much antic an action needs.
3. How much squash or stretch etc needed.
4. How much longer will it take to finish this damn scene.
Christine => Gasp! I do remember a Mrs Leong. However, there were actually many Mrs.Leongs around. I was in SM Seapark around 1987 - 1991 and actually taught the scouts until 1993.
Was she around at that time? Ask-ask her. If she didn't teach me, maybe she might have taught my wife.
Justine => Dude. I thought you did your best thinking during your grass/weed stoning sessions? :)
Hello Mr. Ike. Name's Justin minus the 'E'. And the days of grass are long over. Heck I don't even drink and i bike it to work. Howzat for a curve-ball eh? But I can't live without coffee nowadays. Damn. I find myself having 6-8 cups a day! Not funny.
And people who tell you that taking weed helps them think are lying. Pure artistic inspiration MAYBE.... but not thinking. No you can't solve complex mathematical questions nor figure out the origins on the universe when you're sitting in a purple haze.
Ai-yoh...typo only lah.
Purple Haze? Dude...purple haze is a slang word for pure unadulterated sex in the 70s.
But, i'll take your word for it ;P
Purple Haze is a term used to describe certain strains of Cannabis sativa (hemp), all having a distinctively purple tint.
I can't imagine how 'purple haze' can ever be linked to pure unadulterated sex. They prolly got stoned before doing it. Hahaha...
Betcha wish you could kill em all don'tcha! Bwhahahhaha... Stupid students.
Walking home from school was when I learned how to play horse-racing and acquire l337 gaming skillzor.
Power to de people.
Hey Dungeons and Dragons Online : Stormreach is OUT! OMFG....
Anyone thinking of it?.. HMMMM??...
Post a Comment
<< Home