To cry or not to cry...
For the past few months, I have displayed two types of facial expression every time I scan through the local newspaper. The first is one of utter bewilderment coupled with an agape mouth. The second is of sheer disbelief and stunned silence. Now, either I have finally reached an age whereby every thing is viewed as idiocy or there is has been a sudden drop in basic intelligence and ethics.
Hmm...previously, the way to a higher position or a job for that matter is by diligence, determination and most importantly ability. Nowadays, it would seem that promotions and position are given to those who are the longest serving (despite any lack of sense or ability), those who polish, sleep or buy their way to positions and those with traceable lineage.
Case in point, the recent news about black metal music. That’s all and well and it would seem justified that this issue has been brought forward. Through the ages, there has always been an ongoing battle between the youth and the older generation in regards to music. It’s ironic that always the younger generation battling the oppressive and unimaginative older generation would evolve into the very generation they despised a few decades later. And hence, the cycle continues…
Anyway, a writer in a local newspaper wrote that the plastic partitions around the drum sets of the black metal bands are in fact placed there to send out signals from the very depths of hell. Hmmm. Last I heard, those things are placed there to regulate/shield the deep bass sounds of the drums. Whatever happened to investigative reporting? I expected such news from cheesy and trashy tabloids not from mainstream newspapers.
And prior to that, they reported that all Japanese anime have sexual pornographic elements. Therefore, we should ban these genres of animated films for their degradation of morals. Talk about making a blanket statement. This would be akin to banning DVDs because of pornographic DVDs. In fact, I would not be surprised if they were to start screaming bloody murder and calling for a total ban on the internet because of porn.
How did these people become writers in the first place? The scary part is that some of them actually get into positions of authority in the future.
Sigh.
Tell me it’s just my cynical nature.



6 Comments:
"it would seem that promotions and position are given to those who are the longest serving (despite any lack of sense or ability), those who polish, sleep or buy their way to positions and those with traceable lineage."
ouch. does the senior PL read your blog?
sorry deputy head of school.
Well, the original text was aimed at the cadburies to begin with, so I'm innocent.
HELLLO IKE! :D I haven't seen you for a while !:)
- duck - :D
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »
Looking for information and found it at this great site... mcse 70 290 webmaster certification microsoft Off zoloft suicide xanax lethal dose Cartoon comic sex spongebob Shaver pontiac oral blonde Vw porcshe Cellphone wallpaper nude University of kentucky alumni San diego culinary school Bacarat freeware microsoft cd training 2003 office Quit+smoking+information Free mcse training+ Couches tagged levitra Answering device machine mobile phone diagram for a gfi circuit breaker Milf hunter mpg kleine automatic gates
Post a Comment
<< Home