Friday, March 31, 2006

And the award goes to...

I was tailgated again today.

The thing that got me riled was that it was by a tudung lady in a kancil. No, wait…a short tudung lady whose eye is slightly below the eye level of the steering wheel and whose nose is mere inches away from the afore-mentioned steering wheel. I’m not being racist or anything but that is akin to a reflex-impaired geriatric in an old VW honking you for driving too slow.

Anyway, I’m so offended by the whole thing that I have decided to create a monthly award for things that piss-me-off. I call it the Special Highlighted Idiotic Traits Award or the SHIT Award.

Right. Firstly…

  • The SHIT Award for Dangerous Stupidity goes to…

    This lorry driver who drove at breath-neck speeds right up to the Smart Tag toll and did an emergency stop. He must have then realized that he is an idiot (no arguments there) to have forgotten that he didn’t have a Smart Tag nor a Touch-and-Go card, so he made a 90 degree swerve all the way to the cash-only section. I mean, he nearly had a collision with over a dozen cars.The worse thing is that this man could one day get married and have kids, thus passing on his highly idiotic genes over to the next generation of indecisive lorry drivers (if he is married with kids now, heaven help us)

  • The SHIT Award for the Ah-Beng Identity Crisis goes to…

    This particular driver of a Perodua Rusa. I don’t know much about cars but I know that big-exhaust = speed or something like that (Birdman might elaborate). This micro van had an exhaust bigger that most industrial drain pipes, a revving sound that similar to a sonic boom and a sound system to boot. Very Ah-Beng right? If not for the light-lime green color of his shag mobile.

    I’m sorry but seeing weird colored vehicles is a pet-peeve of mine.
More later. Somehow that is a depressing knowledge... Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a BIG exhaust tail piece or a noisy exhaust doesn't mean the car is fast, it just gives the illusion to the driver that the car is going fast.

for petrolheads installing exhaust pipes creates little back pressure restriction, so the gases flow easier allowing for easier detonation.

However for stock cars, because there is no back pressure, the petrol consumption increases with the noise level :) so basically it's all noise but you may find the car at a standstill.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger :: Nicole.F :: said...

i changed my car's exhaust as well BUT not to the BIG HUGE.. haha.. i've consulted my mechanic before changing it.. he told me the S-flow type muffler is better for auto cars so i changed it! hehe..

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site http://www.asthma-inhalairs.info/canadian-dedicated-server-hosts.html 1997 acura 22 cl repair clarinex ultram canada hosting page provider web

 

Post a Comment

<< Home