Sunday, August 14, 2005

Brain cells are irreplaceable.

Well, at least that's what the National Geographic Channel said. Apparently, everytime we bump our head hard, we lose some irreplaceable brain cells. Guess the old wives' tale about 'hitting your head makes you stupid' is true. Have no fear though, we enter the world (last I checked, it was through a dark damp tunnel) with a few million extra brain cells. Our body anticipates us losing those precious brain cells by giving us extra. Talk about being proactive.

Anyway, this explains why footballers* are such idiots.

Here are a few examples of their innate stupidity...

"We lost because we didn't win."
- Ronaldo -

"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had."
- David Beckham -

"I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right."
- Lee Hendrie -

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."
- Ian Rush (Who is English) -

"I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd."
- Johnny Giles -

And finally, the most idiotic statement award goes to...

"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet."
- David Beckham, on his son Brooklyn -


*er...because they use their head to sometimes hit the ball. It's called a header.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Alex Wong said...

ha ha, haw haw.... :P nice one.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Ivan said...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA excellent quotes.... siau kia.

Ronaldo's quote was the gem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home