Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lego Log - 16th June

I admit this blog entry is way overdue but I needed a few days to rest and recuperate. Oh...and I'm lazy as heck too.

Anyway, this is the long awaited return to (drum roll please) Legoland Windsor. Yay! This was an eagerly awaited trip for both my little girl and yours truly.


(Can't you see how excited I am?)


However, this trip also coincided with one of the hottest summers in England. Yikes. I mean, we went right smack in a middle of a mini heatwave that brought the temperatures soaring at 29-31C. It might not seem hot compared to Malaysia but the heat here is downright searing. Another reason why I hate the glaring sun is that it limits the amount of photography taken. Too much contrast and everyone tends to squint.



(The sun is in my eyes...)

Good thing there are lots of ice-cream stalls strategically placed. Expensive but definitely refreshing.

Ok, the highlights.
  • Got a nice little car pram for Faith in case she gets too tired or it gets too hot.
  • Went for loads of rides some of which had a 15-30min wait time. Worth the wait.

The ultimate 'ride' was the Lego fire academy. Jean, Faith and I had to get on a fire engine which had to be pumped using a lever to move forwards or backwards. Hard work. After of which, you get off and start pumping some water into a series of 'burning' buildings. More hard work. End results? Total exhaustion. So much for a relaxing holiday.

That night I slept at 9.30pm. Zzzzz...

Oh...and Faitrh made some new friends.


(Smile Jack...)



(Come with me...)