Stupidity is NOT an excuse...
I was sitting there thinking, "what should I blog about next? What is the most absurd news I have heard all month?" And then it came to me like a cheap hooker on steroids...A news article last month which had me gagging on coffee and my famous toasted ham and crabstick sandwich...
"An artist who randomly vandalized nearly 50 cars as part of a project said yesterday the owners should be happy they were involved in his "creative process"." The so-called artist said this, "I pick the cars randomly. What I have been looking at are issues of property and linking it with art and performative action. I do feel guilty about keying these people's cars but if I don't do it, someone else will and they should feel glad that they've been involved in the creative process."
Right. Protesting against leaves. That is a perfectly viable political stance. Ok, he might be monumentally stupid but this doesn't give him to right to destroy property. I mean, this is the same thought process as raping a woman just to study the impact of raw human emotions.McGowan, who has described himself as "the British alternative to David Blaine", nailed his feet to an art gallery last year - in a protest against leaves.
In 2003, he pushed a monkey nut for seven miles with his nose to 10 Downing Street in a protest against student debt. In the same year he sat for 12 days in a bath filled with baked beans, with two chips up his nose and sausages wrapped around his head - to defend criticism of the full English breakfast.
I just wish I was there to slap some sense into him. Literally. I mean, my palm is a work of art. He should be darned glad to have its imprint right on his cheek and to witness the moment when I smack the taste out of his mouth.
What is the fine line between art and utter idiocy?



3 Comments:
hey have you seen any of banksy's graffiti pieces? http://www.banksy.co.uk/menu.html
Yeah, I read about him quite a bit. Our resident edm grafitti artist must have been inspired by him.
I find banksy's art pieces quite interesting. It's not crude nor vulgar. Just sometimes politically motivated but quite refreshing and very humourous.
best regards, nice info California botox Printer toner cartridges hp laserjet printers Decks patios driveways keymar maryland Prozac ve yan etkileri subaru justy spokane Butalbital discount order overnight Cable eyewear display Hitachi dvd player parts Tribal belly dance costume canada
Post a Comment
<< Home