Sunday, May 22, 2005

Inappropiate T-Shirts

/Start rant

Today, I saw a girl wearing a t-shirt with the words, "Sex Instructor; The first two lessons are free!". Now before you start yelling and labeling me an old-fashioned prude, let me state that the girl was about 5 years old. Now, I am not against t-shirts with funny, obscene or lewd sayings (well, let's not get into that yet) but how can the parents of a 5 year old girl let her wear suggestively labeled t-shirts???

This is from the same culture that hailed the arrest of a nice suburban couple who took naked pictures of their baby boy to be processed. Shades of pedophilia, they say. At the same time, these people encourage young girls of 4 years to dress up in sexy clothes and make-up for beauty pageants???

I think people have real screwed up perspectives at times.

/end rant

Speaking of t-shirts, my daughter has just gotten a keen liking for my Mr Happy T-shirt. Right...yes. Mr Happy. I bought the darn thing as a set. It came with a nice pair of black shorts and T-shirt. I have to get some house clothes, right? They were on sale! Really...

Well, anyway...my daughter now insists on patting the Mr Happy T-shirt every chance she gets. She wakes up in the middle of the night just to touch the t-shirt. Oh..and she doesn't want me to wash my t-shirt anymore, much to the chagrin of my wife. Oh-well...at least it's not a t-shirt of a boy-band. Not for the next 8 years anyway...

The 'cute' t-shirt in question...


(mrhappy and his nokia)